Published on July 28th, 2011 | by geeky0
Welcome to the new home of G33kGiRLz.com
The address is the same at G33kGiRlz.com, but the clubhouse of geeky, girly awesomeness has had a major overhaul! Take a look around and make yourself at home! Here is a short summary of some changes you’ll notice:
- The site is no longer powered by Ning, which had become too expensive to maintain for our little club. The new G33kGiRLz community is built on WordPress.
- Your basic account information has been automatically transferred to the new site! Please update your profile information.
- You earn GG (Geek Girl) Points by participating on G33kGirlz! Just about everything you do here will earn you some points, from logging in each day, to making friends, writing posts, sending gifts, etc. Do some stuff and try it out!
- There is a new focus on social interaction, with a more Facebook-like functionality. Update your status, share your pics, make friends, etc.
- We still have a blog that focuses on Geek/Girl topics, and everybody is welcome to post in the group blog!
- G33kGiRLz is still a welcoming community of self-identified geeks who happen to be female. We are a supportive group of gamers, nerds, cosplayers, and friends. Spammers and mean people are not welcome. 🙂